Sunday, October 13, 2013

Elevator Pitches

1. Women's TKD Community website launches to encourage and to inspire women and girls in training Taekwondo

I have been doing quite a bit of research since I first decided to start training in Martial Arts. I wanted to find more information on women in Taekwondo and I was not able to. Once I started training, I started a blog so I could give other women who wanted to train or who currently on a perspective from a woman. Taekwondo for Women is a community and resource site for women who practice and compete in the martial arts of Taekwondo. The site will focus on a women’s point of view of Taekwondo. The main editor and a few contributing editors will write articles about women in Taekwondo, such as interviews with professional and non-professional Taekwondo practitioners. Women can ask questions to the community, and to the site editors, and the site contributors will select questions to write articles on. The site will feature important resources for women who are interested in practicing and are current practitioners. Some of the resources will include guides on techniques for kicking and forms, special stretches for women, and important events for women taking place in the Taekwondo world.

2. W.I.T - The Women in Taekwondo initiative teaches Taekwondo and self-defense to underprivileged children.

Training and playing sports can be costly. I pay monthly to train, I also pay to be tested every two months. There are additional costs for uniform, shoes, and competitions. It can be very expensive. Many families cannot afford to pay for their children to participate.

With the Women in Taekwondo initiative we will offer free classes to children who are interested in learning Martial Arts.  Taekwondo is a rewarding for children. I have seen the children we teach have more confidence, discipline and respect. Additionally, the children are active and are surrounded by positive role models and peers. We will offer scholarships to students who excel academically so that their Taekwondo training is paid for until they are Black Belts.


2 comments :

  1. After catching up on some of your other writing, these were great ideas, but I was a little disappointed. You are obviously passionate about this subject, but it didn’t really come through on this one. The concept of the elevator pitch is to rope investors into giving you money to put these ideas into action and unfortunately, while I like the two ideas, these didn’t convince me to give you my money for it! Your writing is good, but think about the 4 pieces that are supposed to go into these pitches. 1. Does the idea address a real problem? You addressed this well in both pitches. 2. How can this idea make money? I understand that the 2nd pitch was for a non-profit so it would be a little difficult to include this in your post, but you might want to make it clearer that this would be a non-profit initiative and in the first you really need to make it clear how the website will make money. Will it be through advertising? Or will you charge to subscribe? 3. Is the idea irrefutable? How about including some actual facts, especially for the second idea. How much does it actually cost to train? This number would give someone the clear picture of why underprivileged children would need the assistance. 4. Is the pitch easy to understand? Your writing style is very clear and to the point, which makes this one easy for you! I hope to hear more concrete reasoning in your next post and I really like hearing about your journey in this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paddlesavvy - I really appreciate your honest and constructive thoughts. You make great points. And I will focus on this advice when I develop the pitch for this week. Thanks again!

      Delete